Faculty and Staff Information


Advisory (Hire Pause)

  • I9s
    • Please view details of I9 processes here.
  • Important Reminders
    • Please ONLY submit Action forms via email to SEO@UNCG.EDU.
    • Action Forms (FWS ONLY) are due by the 25th of each month to be entered into the next months payroll cycle
      • **PLEASE NOTE: If an Action Form is submitted on the 25th with errors or if an Action Form is submitted after the deadline, processing may be delayed until the following payroll cycle
    • EPAFS cannot be submitted if the student’s I9 has not been processed. (I9s have a 48 business hour processing period)
  • How to Hire
    • Register in Handshake
    • Post jobs with detailed job description
    • View applicant documents and select candidates for interview
    • Expire posting after you hire
    • Submit hiring paperwork for student
  • Federal Work Study
  • Federal Work-Study provides subsidized part-time employment for students with financial need. Students must apply for financial aid and receive a Federal Work-Study award from the Office of Student Financial Aid in order to work under this program. Funds are restricted to students who are either citizens or permanent residents of the United States. International students with an F-1 or J-1 Visa are not eligible, but are still eligible to work on-campus in regular departmental student positions.

    Each year, the Financial Aid Office and the Student Employment Office determine work-study allocations for individual departments and offices. The federal program pays the student's earnings out of an account assigned to each department, except in the case of revenue-generating ("fee-based") departments, who pay 25% from their own budget. In order for a department to receive funding for student positions, departments must submit a contract to the Student Employment Office. Please email seo@uncg.edu for more information.

  • Non-Federal Work Study
  • If a student is not eligible for Federal Work Study they can be hired as a departmental hourly student employee. Departmental hourly student employees are paid out of department funds. A student can be hired as both a departmental hourly student and a Federal Work Study student.

  • Student Employment Guidelines
    • FWS students cannot exceed 20 work hours/wk; Hourly hires: 28 work hours/wk
    • Student positions CANNOT replace university employee positions
    • Students may not hold more than one (1) FWS position but can hold 1 hourly and 1 FWS position
    • Students CANNOT earn more than ½ of their FWS award per semester. Unearned awarded funds may rollover to 2nd semester
    • All FWS job positions posted by hiring supervisors (Step by Step instructions available)
    • Student’s I9 MUST be completed BEFORE the student starts working