Vmock is a virtual resume review system for UNCG students. Upload your resume to vmock and receive real-time feedback 24-hours a day to improve your resume score. Using Vmock is the best way to make your resume stand out to employers! Resumes with a vmock score of 65 or higher will be automatically approved in Handshake.
New to vmock? Follow these steps!
- Use the UNCG Resume Guide to build your resume. Need help? Drop in Monday - Friday, 10:00 - 4:00 to work with a peer career ambassador.
- Log in to Vmock with your UNCG credentials, and choose your class year and college or school
- Upload your resume as a PDF and wait 30 seconds for your Vmock score
- Click on "view feedback" (blue button) to see detailed, line-by-line feedback about YOUR resume
- Make necessary edits to reach a score of 65
- Upload your resume to Handshake for approval
PLEASE NOTE: YOU HAVE 10 RESUME UPLOADS MAX PER ACADEMIC YEAR
You will receive an overall resume score, which is comprised of three separate Vmock feedback focuses on three main components of your resume: presentation, competencies, and impact.
Presentation: This score (up to 30 points) is determined by the sections you’ve included, your overall formatting, spelling & typos, and the length of your resume. You should always strive for a perfect presentation score.
Competencies: This score (up to 30 points) measures how effectively you describe five key skill sets that most employers are seeking; analytical, communication, leadership, teamwork, and initiative. The better you describe these skills, the higher your competency score will be.
Impact: This score (up to 40 points) measures how effectively you’ve answered “So what?” about the experiences on your resume. Are your words action oriented? Did you include specifics about your experiences? Does your resume include well described extra-curricular activities? Have you varied your language to prevent over usage of words that people use the most? Did you avoid passive language, personal pronouns, and filler words?
Vmock is available to all undergraduate students. The feedback you receive on your resume is informed by industry feedback specific to your college or school.
Vmock at UNCG does not currently support graduate students. For support on a resume or CV, graduate students should meet with a coach in Career & Professional Development.